India has shared information about the Iranians being involved in an attack on an Israel diplomat in New Delhi.
Sources said that Iran has assured that it will provide whatever assistance is required in the investigation.
The sources were speaking days after Indian investigators identifying three Iranians as suspects in the terrorist attack on an Israeli diplomat.
The Ministry of External Affairs has refused to draw any conclusions on the incident so far, limiting itself to saying that the investigations in the case are ongoing.
"On the basis of thorough and carefully undertaken investigations, three Iranians have been identified by the investigating authorities as suspects in the terrorist attack on an Israeli diplomat in New Delhi on February 13, 2012," official spokesperson in the MEA Syed Akbaruddin had said last week.
Akbaruddin said warrants of arrest against these persons have been issued and the process of issue of red corner notices has been initiated but maintained that "investigations in the case are on and no conclusions can be drawn at this stage".
"We have informed the Iranian Ambassador of these developments so as to seek the cooperation of the Iranian authorities in bringing those involved in this dastardly attack to justice," he said.
Earlier, Delhi's Police Commissioner B K Gupta said the three Iranians-Houshang Afshar Irani, Syed Ali Mahdiansadr and Mohammadreza Abolghasemi-had done a recce of the Israeli Embassy earlier with the help of an Indian journalist Syed Mohamad Ahmad Kasmi, 50, who was arrested on March 6.
Investigators claimed they tracked Kasmi after finding his links with one of the Iranians who was in touch with the head of the module that carried out the attack in Bangkok. (ANI)