Web Sify
Follow us on
Mail
Print

'Ishrat part of terror plot'

Source : SIFY
Last Updated: Tue, Feb 11, 2014 04:05 hrs

New Delhi: Former IB official Rajender Kumar, who has been charged with murder in the Ishrat Jahan fake encounter case by the CBI, has lashed out the CBI and said that Ishrat was indeed part of a terror conspiracy and that very few in the country know how the anti-terror mechanism works.

In an interview to NDTV, Kumar said that he has enough proof to negate the CBI's claims.

"I have not seen the chargesheet but (I have) sufficient evidence to prove the CBI false," Kumar told the channel.



Ishrat, a 19-year-old college student, was gunned down with three men by Gujarat police a decade ago. Conducted in the backdrop of the Gujarat riots, the incident was dubbed as an alleged fake encounter done at the behest of the Narendra Modi government.

In the ensuing legal battle, the Gujarat Police have said that they acted on an IB tip off which said that four terrorists were on a mission to assassinate the state's chief minister Modi.

"All four of them were part of a terror plot," Kumar said. "I have done singlehandedly for the protection of national security more than most others. We are not vultures to kill target innocent people. We are human beings. We know how to save lives. We will defend ourselves," he told the news channel.

In the second chargesheet filed earlier this month, the CBI has claimed that Kumar, formerly head of the Gujarat IB, had arranged for the arms that were used in the encounter and also an AK-56 that was allegedly planted with the dead bodies to show the victims as terrorists.

blog comments powered by Disqus
most popular on facebook
talking point on sify news