WebSify
Follow us on
Mail
Print

Kabul attack: No Indian casualties, situation being monitored

Source : IANS
Last Updated: Wed, May 02, 2012 06:22 hrs

New Delhi: Clarifying that there were no Indian casualties, India Wednesday said it was closely monitoring the situation in Kabul after eight people were killed and 17 injured in suicide bombings and a gunbattle in the Afghan capital.

The brazen attacks were mounted after US President Barack Obama left Kabul following a previously unannounced visit during which he signed a strategic partnership agreement with his Afghan counterpart Hamid Karzai.

"No reports of any Indians amongst casualties in Kabul," external affairs ministry spokesperson Syed Akbaruddin said in a tweet on microblogging site Twitter.

The Indian embassy in Kabul is monitoring the situation and is in regular touch with the external affairs ministry in New Delhi, he said.

The terror strikes in Kabul took place a day after the foreign ministers of India and Afghanistan held talks here to deepen security and counter-terror cooperation.




blog comments powered by Disqus
most popular on facebook
talking point on sify news