New Delhi: External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid on Monday welcomed the move of the Pakistani investigators to present hard evidence in court against terrorists from that country involved in the plotting and execution of the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks.
Khurshid, however, said that New Delhi would be satisfied only after there is a conviction in connection with the case.
"The fact that evidence is provided to court is welcome. We have noticed this in recent weeks that this has happened and it seems that the fact that this evidence is being provided is shared with the media and there must be good reasons for that. This is certainly welcome, but it needs to get accepted by a court," said Khurshid.
"It's only once that it is accepted by the court and there is a conviction, we will have a sense of some relief and satisfaction," he added.
According to reports, the photographs of Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) training camps in Pakistan's Sindh province and the motorboats used by the ten terrorists who attacked Mumbai, are among the evidence presented to before the Rawalpindi anti-terror court
The court is conducting the trial of seven Pakistanis charged with involvement in the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks. Among these seven suspects is the prime accused and LeT commander Zaki Ur Rehman Lakhvi.
The agency officials have reportedly told the anti-terrorism court that the terrorists involved in the attacks were trained in the Arabian Sea and also in the LeT camps in districts of Sindh and Karachi.
One of the seven suspects currently on trial, Hammad Amin Sadiq, had confessed that the 10 attackers had been kept in the training camps before being sent to Mumbai, the officials said
It may be recalled here that 26/11 terror attacks prime accused Ajmal Kasab was hanged at Pune's Yerwada Jail last month after President Pranab Mukherjee rejected his mercy petition. He was buried inside the premises of Yerwada Jail shortly after his execution.
25-year-old Kasab had been lodged in the Arthur Road Jail in Mumbai ever since he was arrested immediately after the attack in 2008. He was convicted and given capital punishment by the trial court on May 6, 2010, which was upheld by the Bombay High Court on February 21, 2011.
The Supreme Court subsequently upheld the sentence on August 29 this year.
Kasab was one of the ten terrorists who traveled to India for the attack. Other nine were killed in the operation. 166 people were killed in the Mumbai terror attacks.