WebSify
Follow us on
Mail
Print

Kratika's pup swallows cola tins

Source : IBNS
Last Updated: Thu, Oct 25, 2012 10:38 hrs
Kratika's pup swallows cola tins

Mumbai, Oct 25 (IBNS) If you thought tiny tots are quite a handful when it comes to putting the wrong things in their mouths and causing panic attacks for elders around, chew on this!

Television actress Kratika Sengar's 8-month old pet Beagle lovingly called 'Donut' took boisterous mischief to an all-new high when he chewed up and swallowed not one but two Cola tins that he found lying outside the Punarvivaah lead's house.

Since none of Kratika's staff was around to see young Donut accomplish this incredible feat, no one really knew why the usually perky pup looked a bit off-color that night.



Any attempts to feed him were met with stiff resistance.

With Kratika shooting in Delhi for a Nomination special episode of Zee Rishtey Awards, her servants panicked on seeing Donut throw up blood.

Despite the time being 1 AM, they called Kratika up to inform her of Donut's condition.

Given the pup's history of acidity, Kratika asked them to give Donut an antacid syrup, some cold milk and bananas.

But on her return to Mumbai the next day, on finding Donut still sick and throwing up, Kratika smelt trouble.

Taking the day off from her Punarvivaah shoot, Kratika rushed Donut to a vet.

An X-ray revealed that her bundle of joy had swallowed the cola tins, one of which was in his stomach and the other in his intestines.

The solution proposed by the vet was to give Donut some lubricating foods that will help him pass out the cans through his stools.

While one tin slipped out by day end, the other's still stuck inside.

Speaking of the predicament, a visibly upset Kratika said, "Donut is more than just my pet pup. He gives me such affection that I can't bear to see him in pain."

"We're waiting for the second tin to pass out of his system otherwise we may have to resort to surgery and I don't want him to go through it! I urge every dog lover to keep tins or any sharp objects far away from their pet's reach!

"They're just like babies, they clearly don't know what could hurt them," she said.

blog comments powered by Disqus
most popular on facebook
talking point on sify news