Sify News
WebSify
Follow us on
Is it time to switch to public transport?
Sify Home >> News >> Messageboard
Message Board
Topic
Pandit Ravi Shankar

Renowned sitar maestro Pandit Ravi Shankar passed away today in San Diego. He had been unwell since the last week and was hospitalised last Thursday after complaining about breathing difficulties. Pay your last respects here.

More
>>

Maximum characters allowed - 1000

Fields marked with * are Mandatory

Latest Messages Total messages : 18 | Today’s messages : 0
Posted By: Georgia On:13/12/2012
I went to an outdoor concert of Ravi Shankar in the late 60's. My musical taste has never been the same since. No one can touch his mastery. Prem dil se, Ravi Shankar.
Post Reply | Report abuse | Forward
Posted By: Arunabh Roy On:12/12/2012
A great creator of Hindustani classical music. May his soul rest in peace.
Posted By: archna goyal On:12/12/2012
not only india but world has lost a maestro sitarist his sitar is left aloof may god give peace to his soul
Posted By: Gautam Mazumdar On:12/12/2012
I am born in a musical family and Ravi Shankarji was among the first few names, I knew from my mother. Gradually I grew up and the more i started knowing about the great sitar maestro and learnt about the person, I found him a minefield - be it in the music world or as a person.

The earth was shaken for me when i came to know that the maestro is no more, It is my personal loss.

I can't articulate my words to express the loss. May the great soul and the legacy that he has left behind grow more. Salute to the great ambassador who have made our country proud of on several counts.

Ravi Shankar's sitar may have fallen silent, his creations will replenish the Indian classical music in all ages.

My last tribute to the great soul.

Regards
Gautam Mazumdar
Posted By: pragnesh On:12/12/2012
i very shock of your passed away
god bless you
Posted By: amit roy On:12/12/2012
may his soul rest in peace.
Posted By: ASHISH CHAKRABORTY On:12/12/2012
very sad for india
Posted By: venkat On:12/12/2012
A great soul with a great purpose. Percolated the Hindustani Classical music to every nook of the world. Though, he is not with us physically, his intricate raagas forever uplift the spirits of many. R.I.P. Pandit ji.
Posted By: Srinivasa Rao On:12/12/2012
may god give rest & peace to his soul.
Posted By: s.suresh On:12/12/2012
a great musician and at the age of 92 also, nominated for grammy awards along with his daughter. great personality and we as an indians are proud of him. let his soul rest in the peace.
1  2 
ADVERTISEMENT
women section
Opinion Poll
Can Nawaz Sharif change Indo-Pak ties?
Yes  No  Maybe