Sify News
WebSify
Follow us on
Is it time to switch to public transport?
Sify Home >> News >> Messageboard
Message Board
Topic
Did Thackeray deserve a state funeral

The Maharastra Government gave Bal Thackeray a funeral with state honors like a 21-gun salute. Did he deserve it?

More
>>

Maximum characters allowed - 1000

Fields marked with * are Mandatory

Latest Messages Total messages : 39 | Today’s messages : 0
Posted By: ASHOK KUMAR TRIPATHY On:19/11/2012
YES BECAUSE SUCH A HIGH STATURE WAS VARY DIFFICULT TO MAINTION THROUGH OUT LIFE.
Post Reply | Report abuse | Forward
Posted By: Anil On:19/11/2012
When you have a coward Govt., what else do you expect?
Posted By: Common Mans View On:19/11/2012
He did hold good amount of Political Power in India. However he was representing only a smaller part of the Indian Society. To be noted is the fact that his Political Party has not dominated the political arena in the state without the BJP.

I guess the State Govt was too generous with the offering

A Big NO from my side.
Posted By: Suresh On:19/11/2012
21 gun salute given to person on his death he never knows that this for him it is for the followers to enjoy the salute and not for the person who is dead So people take the salute & hear the sound of guns.
Posted By: vijay H. Yadav On:19/11/2012
obviously!Yes! He was Zealous about common man!
Vijay
Posted By: surendra.yadav On:19/11/2012
yes
Posted By: sameer On:19/11/2012
no
Posted By: Naveen On:19/11/2012
Yes he deserved state funeral ,he was pure Hindustani , Brave Man who lived his Life for Matathi Manush & Hindutava
Posted By: Barun Kanti Roy On:19/11/2012
Yes, of course. The State Govt. has not done anything more than what he deserved. He was a great man, a great patriot, a great leader, a great Saint, a real God father of common people. No one could ignore him in his life time. He was not a Hypocrit like all other politicians of this Country. After Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose, I could not find any such Warrior in our Country. Our Country would have been benefitted a lot if he could have been the PM of India. I pay my respect to his departed Soul.
Posted By: Arti On:19/11/2012
Yes all politicians need Police state funeral as the police is sluting them always when in power or no power So the last slute is given to say bye bye
1  2  3  4 
ADVERTISEMENT
women section
Opinion Poll
Can Nawaz Sharif change Indo-Pak ties?
Yes  No  Maybe