Sify News
WebSify
Follow us on
Is it time to switch to public transport?
Sify Home >> News >> Messageboard
Message Board
Topic
Pandit Ravi Shankar

Renowned sitar maestro Pandit Ravi Shankar passed away today in San Diego. He had been unwell since the last week and was hospitalised last Thursday after complaining about breathing difficulties. Pay your last respects here.

More
>>

Maximum characters allowed - 1000

Fields marked with * are Mandatory

Latest Messages Total messages : 18 | Today’s messages : 0
Posted By: Kisholoy Roy On:12/12/2012
The of world of instrumental music has been orphaned with the demise of the Pandit Ravi Shankar. May the soul of the maestro keep inspiring talented instrumentalists across the globe for years to come
Post Reply | Report abuse | Forward
Posted By: sumesh kumar On:12/12/2012
india has lost a great son...a wonderful musician..God may rest his soul in peace...
Posted By: Albert Chan On:12/12/2012
The greatest is gone, we will all miss his music. May God be with him, May he spread his sitar music in heaven.

I began to listen to the late Pandit Ravi Shankar music in the 60s and love it ever since.

Albert - Hong Kong
Posted By: Srinivasan Ranganathan On:12/12/2012
One of God's wonderful creations has merged back in Him. Last year I had the good fortune to hear his last concert given in Palace Grounds.
Though much younger in age, i very humbly pray to the Almightly to take him back into Himself and grant him abiding Peace and Bliss.
Posted By: kumar On:12/12/2012
AAP Ki Atma Ko Santi Mile .
Posted By: jaideep khodaskar On:12/12/2012
May your soul rest in peace
One of God's wonderful creations has merged back in Him. Last year I had the good fortune to hear his last concert given in Palace Grounds.
Though much younger in age, i very humbly pray to the Almightly to take him back into Himself and grant him abiding Peace and Bliss.
1  2 
ADVERTISEMENT
women section
Opinion Poll
Can Nawaz Sharif change Indo-Pak ties?
Yes  No  Maybe