MP rape victim, another 5-year-old, continues to be critical, has brain injuries

Last Updated: Sun, Apr 21, 2013 12:19 hrs

Nagpur: The five-year-old girl, who was allegedly raped by a 35-year-old man in Madhya Pradesh and was shifted to a private hospital in the city, continues to be in critical condition today, hospital officials said.

The victim was brought to Maharashtra by an air ambulance last night and was admitted to a private hospital in Ramdaspeth here.

"The victim's condition continues to be critical and the team of doctors led by the Director (of the hospital) Dr Varun Bhargava are attending to her," spokesperson of the hospital said.

According to Madhya Pradesh police, the girl was allegedly raped by a person named Firoz Khan on April 17 in Ghansour town, after which he dumped her at a farm. The girl's parents found her unconscious the next morning and she was taken to hospital.

The victim was first rushed to Netaji Subhash Chandra Medical College and Hospital in Jabalpur after a preliminary treatment and then send to Nagpur.

Ghansour police station in-charge R D Barti said a case under Sec 363 (punishment for kidnapping), 366 (kidnapping, abducting or inducing woman) and 376 (punishment for rape) of the IPC was registered against Khan and police teams have been sent to Delhi and Bihar to trace him.

MP minor rape victim has brain injuries

Doctors at a private nursing home in Nagpur, Maharashtra, on Sunday said that the medical condition of the four-year-old girl who was raped in a village in Madhya Pradesh, remains critical, and added that she is suffering from brain injuries.

The girl was reportedly raped by a 35-year-old man identified as Firoz Khan on Wednesday. She was moved to the Nagpur nursing home by an air ambulance late on Saturday night, as her condition was described as "very critical".

Doctors attending to her said she is unable to breathe normally apparently because her tormentor tried to strangle her.

She is on life support and a team six specialist doctors is looking after her round the clock.

The four-year old was lured with a chocolate and kidnapped from outside her home in a village near Seoni on Wednesday. Her parents found her lying unconscious at a farm the next morning, following which she was taken to a hospital in Jabalpur.

While the man who kidnapped her has been arrested, her alleged rapist is still on the run.

More from Sify: