Web Sify
Follow us on
Mail
Print

Mumbai blasts toll rises to 20

Source : IANS
Last Updated: Tue, Jul 19, 2011 09:40 hrs
mumbai blast

Mumbai: The death toll in last Wednesday's triple blasts has risen to 20 with a critically injured victim succumbing to his injuries at the Sir J.J. Hospital here on Tuesday, an official said.

The victim has been identified as Ashok Bhata, (35), who had been rushed to the hospital late Wednesday in a serious condition, the official from BMC's Disaster Control Centre said.

However, despite all efforts by the medicos to save him, he passed away around 11.15 a.m. Tuesday.

This is the third post-blast casualty in the past four days.

Last Saturday, another victim, Avinash Tanka (24), had breathed his last at Bombay Hospital, followed by Babulal Das (45), who passed away in Saifee Hospital, Sunday.

With Bhata's death, the toll has gone up to 20 while and another 128 injured in the 13/7 blasts at Zaveri Bazar, Opera House and Dadar Kabutarkhana, a few of whom have been discharged by different hospitals.




More from Sify:
blog comments powered by Disqus
most popular on facebook
talking point on sify news