Mumbai: The son of a Navi Mumbai-based builder, who was shot dead last week, today claimed that he has been receiving death threats on his mobile phone and demanded a CBI probe into the murder.
Sunilkumar Loharia was gunned down by two assailants outside his office in Vashi, Navi Mumbai on Saturday last.
His son Sandeep claimed he received a call on his cellphone yesterday and the unidentified caller threatened to "kill my family if I do not stop going to the media."
The caller also stated that his father was "silenced" for trying to expose the "nexus" between the police, builders and officials of Navi Mumbai Municipal Corporation and its urban planning agency CIDCO, he said.
Sandeep said he does not trust Navi Mumbai Police, who are probing the daylight murder which was captured on camera.
"I don't feel my family is safe. I do not trust cop here," Sandeep said, adding, "a CBI probe should be initiated into the case."
Locals had caught one of the assailants, Vishwakarma Shettiar (35), from the spot while the other, Wazid Qureshi (28), was later arrested from his home in Mumbra town of Thane district.
On Sunday, retired police officer and former 'encounter specialist' Emmanuel Amolik (62) was arrested for allegedly ordering the hit on the 50-year-old real estate developer, police said.
The motive of the killing was suspected to be business rivalry, police have said.