Islamabad/New Delhi, Jan 9 (IBNS): Pakistan Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar on Wednesday negated India's claims that the Pakistani Army killed two Indian Army jawans in Jammu and Kashmir on Tuesday.
Speaking to CNN-IBN, she said Pakistan is ready for a third party to verify their claims if "India doesn´t believe in its inquiry".
"We have ordered an independent investigation, but we are offering more, let a third party investigate the issue," Khar said.
She said Pakistan has completed its investigation.
Meanwhile, the Pakistan Army´s Director General Military Operations (DGMO) contacted his Indian counterpart on Wednesday, DawnNews reported.
Pakistan has denied India´s claims on the matter.
"Indian authorities were informed that Pakistan has carried out ground verification and checked and found nothing of this sort happened as being alleged by India," DawnNews quoted a Pakistani military official as saying.
India on the same day summoned Pakistan High Commissioner to India Salman Bashir and lodged a ´strong protest´ on the incident.
"Foreign Secretary Shri Ranjan Mathai summoned Pakistan High Commissioner to the Ministry of External Affairs today and lodged a strong protest on the actions of the Pakistan army on January 8, 2013. Regular Pakistan troops crossed the Line of Control at Mendhar sector and engaged the Indian troops who were patrolling this sector," the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) said in a statement.
"Two Indian soldiers were killed in the attack and their bodies subjected to barbaric and inhuman mutilation," it said.
"The Government of Pakistan was asked to immediately investigate these actions that are in contravention of all norms of international conduct and ensure that these do not recur," the MEA said.
"Foreign Secretary recalled that the experts of both countries had met in New Delhi on December 27, 2012 to discuss conventional CBMs, wherein maintaining the sanctity of the LOC, one of the most important CBMs between the two countries, was emphasized," it said.
External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid said the attack was completely ´unacceptable´.
"We have conveyed our deepest concern and protest to Pakistan High Commissioner," Khurshid told media.
"Such incidents are completely unacceptable...The manner in which soldier's body was treated is a matter of grave concern," he said.
"I hope there will be a response from the other side...We cannot and must not allow for escalation of an unwholesome event that has taken place," he said.
Defence Minister AK Antony earlier in the day called the killing of two Indian Army jawans by the Pakistani Army as ´highly provocative´.
Speaking to reporters, Antony said: "Pakistan Army´s action is highly provocative. The way they treated the dead bodies of Indian soldiers is inhuman."
"We will convey our protest to Pakistan government...We are closely following the situation," he said.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Arun Jaitley said India should collect evidences and then ´name and shame´ Pakistan in front of the ´international community´.
Two Indian Army jawans were killed on Tuesday when Pakistani troops attacked a patrol party along the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir´s Poonch district,
The Indian Army termed the incident as ´grave provocation´.
Two other soldiers were wounded in strike near the town of Mendhar, about 220km north of Jammu.
The Pakistani troops reportedly came about 100 metres into Indian territory and attacked the patrol party early on Tuesday morning.
The body of one of the soldiers was decapitated and was found without the head, media reports citing unnamed army sources said.
Skirmishes in the disputed territory Kashmir are not uncommon between the two nuclear-armed neighbours who have fought three wars since gaining independence.