Former Pakistan fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar has said Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) should not invite foreign teams to play in the country due to the current security situation in the south Asian nation.
International cricket matches have not been played in Pakistan since the terror attack on the touring Sri Lankan team in 2009.
"Our citizens are not safe and there is a war going on in the country. Therefore, inviting a team in these conditions will be risky," Akhtar told reporters on Thursday.
"What if any visiting is attacked again?" he said.
"So, I would recommend to the PCB not to invite foreign teams since the country is not in a position to stage any international event," Akhtar said.
Speaking on Pakistan Premier League (PPL), he said: "Seventy-year-old people can't organise the PPL. The PCB should hire services of foreign consultants instead of aged people for hosting a successful event, if it really wants to organise the PPL."
Pertinently, the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) Working Committee met in Delhi earlier this week and decided to resume cricketing ties between India and Pakistan by inviting the team from the neighboring country for a short series in December.
"The Working Committee of the BCCI met in Delhi earlier today. Several key issues were discussed," read a BCCI statement issued on Monday.
"It was decided to resume cricketing ties with Pakistan by inviting the Pakistan cricket team for a short series in December 2012 - January 2013. The modalities will be worked out shortly," it said.
BCCI vice-president Rajeev Shukla said that the Pakistan cricket team will be invited to play three One Day International (ODI)s and two T20 matches in India in December.
Both the countries have not played a bilateral cricket series since terror attacks in Mumbai in 2008.
India did not tour Pakistan in 2009 in the wake of the 26/11 Mumbai attacks.
Both cricket sides played each other during the World Cup in 2011 and Asia Cup.