Prime Minister Manmohan Singh is scheduled to visit the city of Hyderabad on Sunday in the wake of the terror attack that claimed 16 lives and injured several people on Thursday evening.
The PM is likely to visit the blast site as well as the injured people who are being treated in the hospital. Hyderabad chief minister Kiran Kumar Reddy will also brief the PM on the recent developments in the case.
On Saturday, six people have been ´detained´ over Thursday´s bomb attacks in Hyderabad that killed 16 people and wounded over 100.
Several people have been questioned in connection with the strike, police said adding that no arrests were made so far.
Footage from CCTV security cameras is being scrutinised to identify any suspects.
Earlier, Hyderabad Police Commissioner Anurag Sharma said that the police had done everything it could to prevent the terror strike in the city this week that killed 16 people and wounded over 100.
Speaking at a press conference, the commissioner also claimed that the police had received "vital clues" and was hoping to crack the case soon.
Six specialized teams have been formed and they have already started to collect evidences from the twin bomb blasts at Dilsukhnagar on Thursday, Sharma had said.
"SIT (special investigation team) will probe the blasts case. The city has been put on high alert," he had said.
The commissioner added that the Andhra Pradesh government has announced a reward of Rs 10 lakh for credible information leading to cracking of the case.
"We are still not sure of the involvement of banned Indian Mujahideen (IM) in the case," Sharma had said, adding that many clues were found in the last 24 hours.
The PM had earlier called the attack ´dastardly´ and added that none of the guilty will be spared.
"This is a dastardly attack, the guilty will not go unpunished," the PM had said.
The PM had also directed the central agencies to extend all possible help to the Andhra Pradesh state authorities in relief operations.