MockBank, a group of experts who carefully create mock tests specific to each competitive examination, have come up with sample questions regarding General Awareness for RBI Assistant 2014.
1. What is the age limit for the athletes participating in the Youth Olympic Games?
[A]14 to 20 [B]15 to 22 [C]14 to 18 [D]16 to 25
2. The "Tsongmo or Changu" lake is located in ___?
[A]Jammu and Kashmir [B]Sikkim
[C]Himachal Pradesh [D]Uttarkhand
3. On 14 August, 2014, which among the following World's Greatest Project has turned 100 years of construction?
[A]Suez Canal [B]Nicaragua Canal
[C]Panama Canal [D]Hudson Dam
4. Which among the following countries is the venue for the Youth Olympic Games-2014?
[A]South Korea [B]China [C]Japan [D]Scotland
5. Which one of the following cities has been chosen as ad hoc capital of Andhra Pradesh?
[A]Vijayawada [B]Visakhapatnam [C]Tirupati [D]Kurnool
6. In which of the following states, India's first "Skill Development" centre has been inaugurated, recently (August 2014)?
[A]Karnataka [B]Madhya Pradesh [C]Rajasthan [D]Haryana
7. Recently (August 2014), which among the following software firm has pledged Rs 100 crore toward financing hygienic sanitation facilitation for girl students across 10,000 schools?
[A]Wipro [B]Infosys [C]TCS [D]IBM
8. The "Ulchi Freedom Guardian" is an annual military drill between United States and ____?
[A]South Korea [B]China [C]Japan [D]India
9. As per the latest (2014) report, India ranked fifth among top ten wind power producers in the world. As per the report world's top four wind power producing countries are ___?
[A]China, Brazil, Germany and France
[B]China, US, Brazil and Canada
[C]US, China, Brazil and Canada
[D]China, Brazil, US and Canada
10. Which among the following companies developed the world's first smartphone "Simon" which celebrated its 20 years since the device was first released?
[A]IBM [B]Motorola [C]Nokia [D]HTC
1. (A) 2. (B) 3. (C) 4. (B) 5. (A)
6. (C) 7. (C) 8. (A) 9. (B) 10. (A)