Web Sify
Follow us on
Mail
Print

Restaurant says sorry for serving booze to two-year-old

Source : AP
Last Updated: Thu, Oct 11, 2012 18:40 hrs

London: A restaurant chain has apologised for accidentally serving alcohol to a toddler in Wales, calling it a case of human error.

The BBC reported that 2-year-old Sonny Rees was taken to a hospital emergency room after drinking whiskey at his second birthday party at a Frankie and Benny's restaurant in Swansea.

His mother said he was clearly intoxicated. She said she tasted his drink after noticing that he was making a funny face. At the hospital, the staff monitored his vital signs and later gave him the all-clear.



Frankie and Benny's said on Thursday it was extremely sorry for Saturday's incident and is looking into what systems need to be put in place to ensure that it does not happen again.

More from Sify:
blog comments powered by Disqus
most popular on facebook
talking point on sify news