Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is an Indian government organization which will recruit staff members for the various posts in the various departments and ministries.
In the year of 2013, SSC is going to recruit candidates for the combined graduate level, junior translator, assistant Sub-Inspector, stenographers, recruitment of SAS apprentices, junior engineers.
The post details and the last date to apply for the posts are mentioned below.
SSC EXAM PATTERN GRADUATE LEVEL 2013
The syllabus for the combined graduate level examination and assistant sub-inspector are:
- Written examination – (General intelligence & reasoning, general awareness, numerical aptitude and English comprehension)- 200 marks- 2 hours
- Main written examination – (Arithmetical ability, English language & comprehension and commerce/mathematics/statistics/economics) – each 200 marks and 2 hours
- Personality Test/Interview
For assistant sub-inspector the main written examination consist only English language and comprehension for 200 marks.
The syllabus for junior translator is:
- Written examination – (General Hindi, General English, translation and essay) – 400 marks and 2 hours
- Personality test/Interview – 100 marks
The syllabus for the stenography is:
- Written examination – (General intelligence & reasoning, general awareness, English language and comprehension) – 200 marks with 2 hours
- Skill test in stenography
The syllabus for SAS apprentices in CGDA examination is written examination.
There will be three papers in written examination.
- Paper – I (General intelligence, reasoning, general awareness, numerical aptitude and English comprehension) – 200 marks with 2 hours
- Paper – II (English language and comprehension) – 200 marks with 2 hours
- Paper – III (Arithmetical abilities) 200 marks with 2 hours
SSC EXAM SYLLABUS
The examination syllabus for the written examination of SSC is:
- General intelligence and reasoning – It includes both verbal and non-verbal type questions.
- General awareness – Questions in the general awareness will be based on the knowledge of the current events of the society.
- Numerical aptitude – The questions will be asked to test the number sense of the candidate by computation of while numbers, decimal and fractions and relationships between numbers
- English comprehension – This test will be conducted to check the knowledge understanding and correcting English and writing ability
- Arithmetic ability – This paper will include the questions based on the number systems, fundamental arithmetical operations, percentage, ration and proportion, average, interest, profit and loss, discount, use of table and graphs, time and distance, ratio and time etc.
- Commerce/Mathematics/Statistics and economics
- Statistics- Probability, probability distributions, binomial, Poisson, Normal and exponential.
- General economics, Indian economics and general statistics
- Mathematics – Algebra, algebra of Matrices, analytic geometry, differential equation, differential and integral calculus and statistics.
- Commerce- Accountancy, Business organization, management, Micro-economics, Indian economics, business statistics, business law, company law, cost accounting, auditing and income tax.
SSC EXAM PREPARATION BOOKS
Best books to be prepared for the SSC examination are listed below
SSC EXAM SAMPLE QUESTION PAPERS
The previous year model SSC exam question papers will be very useful for preparing for the examination. There are many website are available in online for the sample question papers. Some of them are listed below,
SSC EXAM STUDY MATERIAL PDF
There are many PDF file available in online to prepare for the SSC examination. Some of the PDF downloadable file for SSC exam preparation is,
SSC Exam list 2013