Lawyers for Dominique Strauss-Kahn have denied reports that the former International Monetary Fund chief has settled a lawsuit with a hotel maid who accused him of sexual assault.
The French politician's lawyers said that though a deal of six million dollars had been agreed, negotiations were still under way.
It was reported on Thursday that a deal was said to have been struck in recent days at the Bronx Supreme Court.
According to the BBC, Lawyers William Taylor III and Amit Mehta said in a statement that reports of a settlement were 'flatly false'.
"The parties have discussed a resolution but there has been no settlement. Strauss-Kahn will continue to defend the charges if no resolution can be reached," their statement said.
Strauss-Kahn was held in New York in May 2011 after Nafissatou Diallo said he assaulted her in his hotel suite.
Prosecutors later dropped charges amid concerns about her credibility. (ANI)