Mumbai:The city's King Edward Memorial Hospital, which is treating eight people who were injured in the serial blasts Wednesday evening, was under tight security. Media persons were not allowed to enter the hospital.
More than a dozen armed police personnel were deployed outside the hospital, while some officers and constables are keeping a vigil inside.
'Lots of people are coming because they don't know where their relatives are being treated and apart from them others are also coming. So we have to make sure that the right people are getting entry into the hospital for security reasons,' said an official.
The notice board outside the hospital, which is located in Parel, has listed the names of eight people who got injured in the blasts in Zaveri Bazara, Opera House and Dadar.
A doctor at the hospital, Prashant Bangar told IANS: 'Three of the eight were very serious. One had a very serious injury, one had abdominal injury and the other had fractures. The first two are kept in the ICU after operation.'
A wardboy said that 'so far there has been no casualty here'.
Sixty-two-year-old Dhananjay Adhikari was rushed to the hospital after he got a splinter in his stomach in the blast at the Opera House.
'I went to Opera House for personal work and blast happened very near to me. I saw people being blown away and dying,' said Adhikari who is recuperating after getting first aid. His son arrived in the hospital to take care of him.