Truth Labs is the first independent forensic science laboratory established by Dr. Gandhi P C Kaza.
Dr. Gandhi P C Kaza served the Central and State Police and Forensic Organisations for more than 36 years and retired as IGP and Director, Andhra Pradesh Forensic Science Laboratory (APFSL).
During his 15 years tenure as Director, APFSL, he raised the forensic standards in the country to greater heights through prompt and quality services of international standards. Because of such revolutionary contributions, APFSL became the model laboratory in India and sensational cases from all over the country were referred to the lab for analysis.
All-important cases from the CBI and many cases of State Police as well as several courts across the country were referred for forensic analysis whenever prompt and quality reports had to be obtained.
Before Truth Labs was launched, prominent retired judges, police officers, lawyers, scientists and others met to make an in-depth assessment for the need for independent forensic science laboratories.
After arriving at a consensus in the national workshop, Truth Labs was established at Hyderabad on 21st October 2007 and was inaugurated by the Governor and the Home Minister of Andhra Pradesh. Spurred by its success, the Delhi regional office was started on 26th August 2009, inaugurated by Union Home Minister, Sri P Chidambaram, presided over by AP Shah, Chief Justice of Delhi High Court, with a keynote address by Justice M N Venkatachaliah and messages by KTS Tulsi, Former Additional Attorney General and. M L Sharma, Central Information Commissioner.
Another regional office was established at Chennai on 10th July 2011, inaugurated by Former President of India, Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam at a function presided over by Justice M Y Eqbal, Chief Justice, Madras High Court with a keynote address by Ranjanna Kumar, Former Vigilance Commissioner, CVC, Govt. of India and R K Raghavan, Former Director, CBI.
Truth Labs has been established in active association with a group of 18 Former Directors and Heads of Central and State Forensic Institutions who are known for their honesty and integrity. Since all these experts were recruited and trained, gained expertise and declared proficient in their respective fields by the Government, they continue to be legally competent experts and their reports are admissible in the courts of law as well as for police investigations.
That is the reason why Truth Labs' services are utilized by courts, including High Courts, in more than 750 cases, by Police including CBI, CID in more than 400 cases besides about 500 cases from Banks, Insurance Companies, Corporate, MNCs etc. and most notably more than 1000 cases from individuals who could resolve their personal, family, business and internal problems without approaching the police and courts.
For an average Indian citizen who is experiencing lot of difficulties in resolving their civil or criminal disputes the establishment of Truth Labs has become a boon and it is fast becoming an alternative dispute resolution mechanism for a variety of problems faced by the victims of crime and injustice in India.
The services of Truth Labs have been immensely useful for the individuals and institutions across the country in various cases involving:
- A forgery of a document involving a signature, handwriting or thumb impression or a cyber crime involving obscene email, identity theft, data theft, manipulation of records etc.
- Cheating, theft, misappropriation and infidelity cases requiring polygraph/ lie-detector services
- Cases requiring voice identification and cases involving video authentication such as ATM thefts, bribery, pornography etc.
- Cases involving disputed paternity, child swapping, immigration disputes etc. using DNA analysis
- Medico-legal cases involving examination of records for determination of cause and time of death injuries
- Failure analysis cases involving accidents, fire, arson etc
- Incident investigation cases involving thefts, pilferages etc
- Investigation of Bank and Insurance fraud cases involving money laundering, embezzlement, diversion of funds etc
Truth Labs has also been offering a series of educational courses through distant education mode with prestigious universities like University of Hyderabad, National Law School of India University, Bangalore.
Truth Labs is providing training to the police, judiciary, prosecutors and forensic scientists in the various parts of the country.
Truth Labs is collaborating with prestigious national institutions like CCMB for DNA services, BPR&D for training and HRD services in its endeavor to include professionalism in investigation and justice administration.
Truth Labs has the following services:
1. Questioned Documents – Examination of handwritings, signatures, obliterations, additions, erasures, alterations etc.
2. Disputed Fingerprints – Comparison of fingerprints and thumb impressions on disputed documents
3. Cyber Forensics – retrieval of deleted, manipulated, altered data or tracking or tracing of data
4. Audio / Video Authentication – Verification of the voices for speaker identification and verification of images / photos / videos for facial identification or incident authentication
5. DNA Profiling – Individualization / Personal Identification using physiological fluids / body tissues
6. Polygraph / Lie-Detector – Examination of suspected persons in cheating, forgery, misappropriation cases
7. Failure / Quality Analysis – Examination of industrial failures, motor failures etc.
8. Medico–Legal – Examination of medical documents, photos, videos etc. to ascertain the cause and time of death, wounds etc.
9. Fire / Accident / Incident Analysis – Fire, Arson, Marine, Motor, Flood, Insurance, Accident Cases
Truth Labs services have been utilised by the following clients:
Cases received from various courts across India and also gave expert testimony in
- High Courts : Andhra Pradesh, Delhi
- Sessions Courts : Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Delhi
- Tribunals : Andhra Pradesh
- Subordinate Courts : Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala
- CBI, New Delhi
- CRPF, New Delhi
- CID, Karnataka
- Commissioner of Police, Delhi
- State / District Police : Karnataka, Haryana, Goa, Tamil Nadu
Nationalized, Foreign, Private, Scheduled, Grameena Banks including
- State Bank Group, Bank of India, Corporation, Indian, Syndicate, SIDBI
- Axis, ICICI, HDFC, Federal
- HSBC, UBS, Standard Chartered
Insurance Companies / Surveyors including
- National, United India, Oriental
- TATA AIG, Bajaj Allainz, Royal Sundaram, Puri Crawford
Cases have also been referred from
- Central & State Govt. Departments like Customs, Commercial Tax, Railways, DST
- Foreign Agencies / Individuals from US, Malaysia, Singapore, Muscat.
- MNCs: KPMG, Franklin Templeton, L&T, Levi's, MRF, Suzlon, Modi, QuestNet, TSI.
- Detective Agencies, Law Firms, Chartered Accountants
From Individuals across the country from states such as
- Andhra Pradesh, Delhi, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Assam, Uttar Pradesh, Uttaranchal, Rajasthan, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Punjab, Maharashtra, Goa, Orissa.
Truth Labs has its offices at Hyderabad, Delhi, Chennai, Bangalore.