Following are June 8 2015 Current Affairs
FSSAI orders testing of GSK, ITC fast food brands
- Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) ordered testing of various noodles, pasta and macaroni brands manufactured by seven companies to check compliance of norms in the wake of Maggi controversy.
- The central food and safety regulator has also asked for testing of four variants of "Maggi Nutilicious Pazzta with tastemakers".
- The seven companies whose products will be tested are Nestle India, ITC, Indo Nissin Food Ltd, GSK Consumer Helathcare, CG Foods India, Ruchi International and AA Nutrition Ltd.
Government puts in place easier norms for Companies
- To make things easier, the government has allowed private companies to accept deposits without an offer circular while government firms have been exempted from managerial remuneration limits.
- As part of its ongoing efforts to improve ease of doing business in the country, the Corporate Affairs Ministry has notified changes that further relax compliance requirements for private, government, charitable and nidhi companies.
Mauritius regains top slot as source of FDI in India
- Mauritius has regained the position as top source of foreign direct investment (FDI) into India by pushing Singapore to the second slot in 2014-15.
- Mauritius accounted for about 29% of the country's total FDI inflows last fiscal. In 2013-14, Singapore had replaced Mauritius as the top source of FDI into India.
- India attracted $9.03 billion in FDI from Mauritius in 2014-15, whereas it was $6.74 billion from Singapore, according to the data of the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP).
ADB appoints two vice-presidents in different roles
- Asian Development Bank (ADB) has appointed Diwakar Gupta and Bambang Susantono as vice-president in two different roles.
- Diwakar Gupta is appointed as vice-president for Private Sector and Co-financing operations and Bambang Susantono as vice-president forKnowledge Management and Sustainable Development
11 Indo-Canadians honoured with ICCC Annual Awards 2015
- Eleven Indo-Canadians have been honoured in Totonto with 'ICCC Annual Awards 2015′ for strengthening bilateral ties and their business achievements apart from their contributions to the economy.
- ICCC stands for Indo-Canada Chambers of Commerce.
- The winners are Avinash Mehra, Nisha Agnihotri, Prashant Pathak, Neeru Gupta, Manjul Bhargava, Hargurdeep Singh, Avish Sood, Rajiv Manucha, Asim Ghosh, Jag Parmar and Venkatesh Mannar
R C Tayal appointed as new Director General of National Security Guard
- The 1980 batch senior IPS officer, Ramesh Chand Tayal has been appointed as the new chief of the National Security Guard. This post was held previously by J N Choudhary who retired on May 31.
- R C Tayal is at present serving as the Special Director General in paramilitary CRPF and is heading its formation in Jammu and Kashmir.
K C Chowdary appointed new CVC
- K C Chowdary has been appointed the new Central Vigilance Commissioner.
- He is the 1978 IRS officer currently serving as the advisor to the Supreme Court-appointed special investigation team on black money.
- He was the former chairman of the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT).
Vijai Sharma is the new Chief Information Commissioner
- Vijai Sharma, a 1974 batch IAS officer has been appointed as the new Chief Information Officer.
- He has been serving as Information Commissioner in the commission since 2012.
Banking & Finance
RBI to issue first set of small and payment bank licences in next two months
- Reserve Bank is all set to issue first set of licences for small and payment banks in the next two months, a move aimed at promoting financial inclusion.
- The RBI had received 72 applications for small finance bank licences and 41 applications for payment bank licences.
- The applicants include Department of Post, Tech Mahindra, Videocon Group and stock exchange NSE, besides big corporates like Ambanis and Birlas.
Wawrinka wins French Open
- Stan Wawrinka of Switzerland defeated Serbia's Novak Djokovic by 4-6, 6-4, 6-3,6-4 to become the winner of the 2015 French Open title.
- Wawrinka who is 30 yrs. old became the oldest winner of French Open in 25 yrs. This was his second career grand slam after Australian Open in 2014.
Safarova & Mattek-Sands wins Women's Doubles French Open
- After losing to Sererena Williams the other day, Lucie Safarova paired with America's Bethanie Mattek-Sand to win the women's doublestitle with a 3-6, 6-4, 6-2 victory against Casey Dellacqua and Yaroslava Shvedova.
Lewis Hamilton wins Canadian Grand Prix
- The world champion, Lewis Hamilton, won his fourth Canadian Grand Prix on Sunday in Montreal. The Mercedes driver finished first while Rosberg and Vatlteri Bottas finished with second and third spot respectively.
Luka strikes gold as India finish third in Asian Athletics Championship
- Indian sprinter Tintu Luka wins her first ever international gold medal in women's 800m finals as India finished third on the last day of the 21st Asian Athletics Championships.
- She completed her race in 2:01.53 ahead of China's Zhao Jing and Sri Lanka's Nimali Klarachchige
Japan's Momota wins Indonesia Open Men's title
- Kento Momota of Japan emerged victorious over the defending champion Jan O Jorgensen of Denmark at the men's singles finals to win the men's singles Indonesia Open title by 16-21, 21-19, 21-7.
Ratchanok Intanon bags Indonesia Open Women's title
- The 20 year old Thai Badminton star won the women's singles event in the Indonesia Open SuperSeries Premier tournament in Jakarta. She defeated Yui Hashimoto of Japan by 21-11 and 21-10.
Legendary Telugu writer Dasaradhi Rangacharya died
- Famous Telugu poet Dasaradhi Rangacharya passed away. He was a winner of the Sahitya Akademi Award.
World Ocean Day June 8th
World Ocean Day is celebrated on 8th of June every year ever since it was proposed by Canada in 1992 at the Earth Summit in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. It was recognised by UN in 2008, In order to make people aware of the fact that our planet Earth is surrounded by 71% of water, the effort has been taken to celebrate this day on June 8th as the world ocean day.
This year in 2015, the theme is "Heathy oceans, healthy planet". The main objective of this theme is the pollution created by plastics dumping that is creating problems to the marine environment.
AffairsCloud.com;; was started to guide banking and civil service aspirants. The
site covers subjects like current affairs events, Quantitative aptitude, reasoning, geography, general awareness and so on. High quality notes are provide to
help the aspirants highly knowledgeable in all subject. Daily quiz and mock test are conducted on a regular basic to ensure the confidence of aspirants
before the face the exam.