MockBank, a group of experts who carefully create mock tests specific to each competitive examination, have come up with sample questions regarding Quantitative Aptitude for IBPS PO 2014.
1. A cistern of capacity 8000 litres measures externally 3.3 m by 2.6 m by 1.1 m and its walls are 5 cm thick. The thickness of the bottom is:
A) 90 cm B) 1 dm
C) 1 m D) 1.1 cm
2. How many cubes of 3cm edge can be cut out of a cube of 18cm edge
3. A cistern 6m long and 4 m wide contains water up to a depth of 1 m 25 cm. The total area of the wet surface is:
A) 49 m^2 B) 50 m^2
C) 53.5 m^2 D) 55 m^2
4. The volume of a wall, 5 times as high as it is broad and 8 times as long as it is high, is 12.8 cu. meters. Find the breadth of the wall.
A) 40cm B) 30cm
C) 20cm D) 10cm
5. A rectangular block 6 cm by 12 cm by 15 cm is cut up into an exact number of equal cubes. Find the least possible number of cubes.
A) 30 B) 40
C) 10 D) 20
6. The curved surface area of a cylindrical pillar is 264 m^2 and its volume is 924 m^3. Find the ratio of its diameter to its height
A) 3 : 7 B) 7 : 3
C) 6 : 7 D) 7 : 6
7. A hollow iron pipe is 21 cm long and its external diameter is 8 cm. If the thickness of the pipe is 1 cm and iron weighs 8 g/cm3, then the weight of the pipe is:
A) 3.6 kg B) 3.696 kg
C) 36 kg D) 36.9 kg
8. How many cubes of 10cm edge can be put in a cubical box of 1m edge
A) 10 B) 100
C) 1000 D) 10000
9. The dimensions of an open box are 50 cm, 40 cm and 23 cm. Its thickness is 2 cm. If 1 cubic cm of metal used in the box weighs 0.5 gms, find the weight of the box.
A) 8.04kg B) 8.14kg
C) 8.24kg D) 9.04kg
10.There is a cylinder circumscribing the hemisphere such that their bases are common. Find the ratio of their volumes
A) 3/2 B) 5/2
C) 7/2 D) 9/2
1. (B) 2. (C) 3. (A) 4. (A) 5. (B)
6. (B) 7. (B) 8. (C) 9. (A) 10. (A)
For full length customized test series, personalized faculty mentorship and detailed IBPS PO study plan, visit MockBank.