SBI will be conducting the written examination for recruitment to the post of Probationary Officers in June, 2014. The written examination consists of 4 sections-
- Data Interpretation and Analysis
- General Awareness, Marketing & Computers.
50 questions will be asked from each section.
MockBank, a group of experts who carefully create mock tests specific to each competitive examination, have come up with sample questions regarding Data Interpretation and Analysis for SBI PO 2014.
Study the following pie-chart and the table and answer the questions based on them.
Proportion of Population of Seven Villages in 1997
% Population Below Poverty Line
1. If the population of village R in 1997 is 32000, then what will be the population of village Y below poverty line in that year?
A. 14100 B. 15600
C. 16500 D. 17000
2. The ratio of population of village T below poverty line to that of village Z below poverty line in 1997 is:
A.11:23 B. 13:11
C. 23:11 D. 11:13
3. Find the population of village S if the population of village X below poverty line in 1997 is 12160.
A. 18, 500 B. 20, 500
C. 22, 000 D. 26, 000
4. If in 1998, the population of villages Y and V increase by 10% each and the percentage of population below poverty line remains unchanged for all the villages, then find the population of village V below poverty line in 1998, given that the population of village in 1997 was 30000.
A. 11, 250 B. 12, 760
C. 13, 140 D. 13, 780
The following pie chart shows the amount of subscriptions generated for India Bonds from different categories of investors.
5. In the corporate sector, approximately how many degrees should be there in the central angle?
A. 120 B. 121
C. 122 D. 123
6. If the investment by NRI's are Rs 4,000 crore, then the investments by corporate houses and FII's together is:
A. 24, 000 crore B. 24, 363 crore
C. 25, 423 crore D. 25, 643 crore
7. What percentage of the total investment is coming from FII's and NRI's ?
A. 33 % B. 11 %
C. 44 % D. 22 %
8. If the total investment other than by FII and corporate houses is Rs 335,000 crore, then the investment by NRI's and Offshore funds will be (approximately) ?
A. 27, 4100 B. 28, 5600
C. 29, 300 D. Cannot be determined
9. If the total investment flows from FII's were to be doubled in the next year and the
investment flows from all other sources had remained constant at their existing levels for this year, then what would be the proportion of FII investment in the total investment into India Bonds next year (in US $ millions) ?
A. 40 % B. 50 %
C. 60 % D. 70 %
10. What is the approximate ratio of investment flows into India Bonds from NRI's to corporate houses?
A.1:4 B. 1:3
C. 3:1 D. cannot be determined
1.B 2.C 3.C 4.B 5.C
6.B 7.C 8.A 9.B 10.B
1. (B) 2. (C) 3. (C) 4. (B) 5. (C)
6. (B) 7. (C) 8. (A) 9. (B) 10. (B)
For full length customized test series, personalized faculty mentorship and detailed SBI PO study plan, visit MockBank.