Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is an Indian government organization which will recruit staff members for the various posts in the various departments and ministries. In the year of 2013, SSC is going to recruit candidates for the combined graduate level, junior translator, assistant Sub-Inspector, stenographers, recruitment of SAS apprentices, junior engineers. The post details and the last date to apply for the posts are mentioned below.
SSC EXAM SYLLABUS
The examination syllabus for the written examination of SSC is
- General intelligence and reasoning – It includes both verbal and non-verbal type questions.
- General awareness – Questions in the general awareness will be based on the knowledge of the current events of the society.
- Numerical aptitude – The questions will be asked to test the number sense of the candidate by computation of while numbers, decimal and fractions and relationships between numbers
- English comprehension – This test will be conducted to check the knowledge understanding and correcting English and writing ability
- Arithmetic ability – This paper will include the questions based on the number systems, fundamental arithmetical operations, percentage, ration and proportion, average, interest, profit and loss, discount, use of table and graphs, time and distance, ratio and time etc.
- Commerce/Mathematics/Statistics and economics:
- Statistics- Probability, probability distributions, binomial, Poisson, Normal and exponential.
- General economics, Indian economics and general statistics
- Mathematics – Algebra, algebra of Matrices, analytic geometry, differential equation, differential and integral calculus and statistics.
- Commerce- Accountancy, Business organization, management, Micro-economics, Indian economics, business statistics, business law, company law, cost accounting, auditing and income tax.