Here we have a video on how to avoid the most common mistakes in Civil Services Exam Preparation.
Summarizing the content of the video:
- Be thorough with the syllabus of the examination.
- Start practicing model papers and previous years papers months before the exam
- Select proper optional subjects. Only if you are sure that you can study and do well in that subject, pick it up. This is a very essential step for clearing the exam
- Mingle with seniors who have attempted the exam and clear your doubts with them
- Form study groups consisting of 4 or 5 candidates and prepare together.
- Write tests frequently. Start writing tests atleast 6 months before the preliminary exam and 6 months before the main exam.
- Do not buy multiple books for each subject. Purchase a maximum of 2-3 good books for each subject
- Perform self-evaluation. See where you went wrong in your last Civil Services Examination or in your last mock test. Learn from your mistakes.
- Revise everything 5-6 times.