6. Dec 14, 1989 - On the last day of the last Test of his first Test series, in Sialkot, gets hit on the nose by Waqar Younis - also in his first series. Falls down, gets up, and wipes away the gushing blood. Medical assistance was declined and he eventually was out for 57.
7. Aug 14, 1990 - His first Test hundred, a match-saving one at Old Trafford, came when he was 17 as he scored 119 not out with 17 fours against England at Old Trafford and helped India to save the match.
8. April 1992 - Became the first overseas signing for Yorkshire.
9. 1992 - Tendulkar was the first player to be given out by the third umpire in an international game.
10. Feb 12, 1993 - Hits 24 fours and a six in his 165 against England to notch his first Test century at home, as India win by an innings and 22 runs.
11. Nov 24, 1993 - With South Africa needing six runs to win off the last over of their Hero Cup semi-final against India, bowls a sensational over, giving them just three, and India victory.
Image: England's Alec Stewart snatches the ball out of the air off the bat of India's Sachin Tendulkar during India's first innings of the second day of the second Cornhill Test at Lords in London 21 June.