13. Sept 9, 1994 - Scored his first ODI ton in his 79th match against Australia at Colombo during a quadrilateral tournament involving hosts Sri Lanka, Australia and Pakistan.
14. Oct 1995 - Signs a five-year contract worth Rs 31.5 crore with WorldTel, which makes him the richest cricketer in the world.
15. Jul 4, 1996 - Scored his 10th Test century (177) during the third Test against England at Trent Bridge, Nottingham.
16. Apr 24, 1998 - Scored back-to-back centuries against Australia at Sharjah in a tri-series also involving New Zealand, which helped India to go all the way. Brought up his 20th ODI ton at Sharjah against the Zimbabweans.
17. 1998 - 1998 was truly Sachin's annus mirabilis. He scored the most ODI runs by any batsman in a calendar year - 1,894 - and for good measure the most ODI centuries by any batsman in a calendar year - 9. In 34 ODIs during the year he had a strike rate of over 100 - 102.15 to be precise.
18. Oct 10, 1999 - Brought up his 20th Test ton vs New Zealand at Mohali.
Image: India's Sachin Tendulkar enjoys a moment of glory after leading his team to victory at the Coca Cola Trophy in Sharjah 13 November.