WebSify
Follow us on
Mail
Print

CA boss says Hyderabad Test not in doubt 'at this stage' despite blasts

Source : ANI
Last Updated: Fri, Feb 22, 2013 05:10 hrs

Cricket Australia (CA) chief James Sutherland has said that there is no danger of shifting the upcoming second Test from Hyderabad at this stage, in light of suspected terrorist blasts in the city that left more than a dozen people dead.

The blasts occurred a few kilometers away from Hyderabad's Rajiv Gandhi Stadium, which is due to host the second of four Tests in the Border-Gavaskar Trophy series between Australia and India, scheduled to begin on March 2, the Sydney Morning Herald reports.

Stating that CA will take advice from relevant authorities and work with the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) and other bodies in India to make assessments around Hyderabad, Sutherland said that plans for the second Test have been fixed a long time ago, and added that at this point, there is no question of the second Test being pulled out from the city.

Sutherland further said that Australia's team manager, Gavin Dovey, had sent players text messages overnight updating them on the situation and the increased security presence that has been added as a result of the explosions.

Stating that his team is solely focused on the game, Oz captain Michael Clarke said that they have no fear about the situation as they have got experts advising them, and also expressed his sympathies with the affected families.

Australian Cricketers' Association chief Paul Marsh said he had been in contact with the 17 players in Australia's touring squad and would engage the union's own security expert and liaise with Australia's Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade. (ANI)



blog comments powered by Disqus
most popular on facebook
talking point on sify sports