* Born Aug. 8, 1981 in Basel, Switzerland.
* Bursts on to the scene in 2001 when he ends Pete Sampras's 31-match winning streak at Wimbledon in the fourth round before losing in the quarter-finals.
* Holds a 17 Grand Slam titles - Wimbledon, 2003-2007, 2009, 2012; U.S. Open 2004-2008; Australian Open 2004, 2006, 2007, 2010; French Open 2009.
* In 2003, becomes the first Swiss man to win a grand slam after beating Mark Philippoussis in the Wimbledon final.
* Is the only man to win five consecutive titles at two different grand slams - Wimbledon and U.S. Open.