Web Sify
Follow us on
Mail
Print

Force India driver Di Resta confident of 'strong start' to F1 season

Source : ANI
Last Updated: Sat, Feb 02, 2013 06:10 hrs

Force India driver Paul di Resta is confident the team can start the new Formula One season on a stronger note than last year.

Force India is looking to build on last season's seventh-place finish in the constructors' championship, the Daily Star reports.

The Silverstone-based team knows a strong start is imperative if they are to move up the order after several seasons struggling in the middle of the pack.

Asked if Force India could kick on, Di Resta said that there's no reason why the team shouldn't, adding the pressure is on them to make sure they start better.

Di Resta said last year they under performed, certainly until the European season, adding they need to launch a car, understand it, and bring a race package to it that makes the car quicker than when it was rolled out.

Force India claims the VJM06 is a totally new car and the 26-year-old Scot is positive about finally landing a maiden F1 podium, as last year's fourth in Singapore is Di Resta's best result in his 39 races to date.

Di Resta said they all are trying to do the best job possible, and he added when it all gels well they could obviously see the results they achieve.

Di Resta still does not know who his team-mate will be this season after Nico Hulkenberg left to join Sauber. (ANI)




More from Sify:
blog comments powered by Disqus
most popular on facebook
talking point on sify sports