21. Whenever I see Ken Barrington coming to the wicket, I imagine the Union Jack fluttering behind him.
--Australian wicket-keeper Wally Grout in 1965.
22. Inspired by a mix of pride and prejudice.
--Frank Tyson on Viv Richards.
23. I’m off to another world, via the bat room.
--South African cricketer and coach Aubrey Faulkner in his suicide note before he gassed himself, 1930.
24. Now I know how Neil Armstrong felt standing on the moon.
--Captain Clive Rice in India in 1991 on South Africa’s return to international cricket after 21 years.
25. Cricket speaks in languages far beyond that of politicians.
--Nelson Mandela in 1995.