Nike has claimed that it has no plans to use Oscar Pistorius in future ad campaigns after the Paralympic star was charged with murder in the death of his girlfriend, Reeva Steenkamp.
Nike Inc spokesperson KeJuan Wilkins confirmed their plans, but he declined to clarify whether the shoe company's had previously any plans for Pistorius, or whether it will pull current advertising that includes him, Sport24 reports.
Pistorius has been charged with shooting and killing his girlfriend in his Pretoria home, and a Nike Internet ad showing the bladerunner starting to sprint in his blades with the caption: 'I am the bullet in the chamber' has already been pulled, the paper reported.
Pistorius' website, which has been posting statements from his manager and his family, still shows another Nike ad and logos from other sponsors, the paper said.
However, Peet Van Zyl of Pistorius' management company said on Monday that at this point in time, all sponsors are still on board, and they have given us their commitment towards Pistorius, based on the relationships that they have formed with him over the past years, the paper added.
Van Zyl added that the sponsors are quite happy to allow the legal process to take its course before they make any other further and formal announcements about it. (ANI)