The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) has said it will wait for security clearance from the International Cricket Council (ICC) before confirming the Pakistan tour next month for a two-match series, a top Bangladeshi official has said.
Earlier, Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chairman Zaka Ashraf had said that the BCB had confirmed the tour, making them the first team to visit the country since a terrorist attack on the Sri Lankan squad in 2009, reports News.com.au.
However, Nazmul Hassan, the BCB president, said later that the decision is still "two to four days" away as they await a security assessment by the ICC.
Foreign teams have shunned playing in Pakistan since gunmen opened fire on a convoy in Lahore, killing eight people and leaving seven Sri Lankan players and their assistant coach injured.
The attack pushed Pakistan into a cricket exile as the national team was forced to play their home series at neutral venues in the United Arab Emirates, New Zealand and England.
Ashraf said the best security arrangements will be put in place for the Bangladesh team.
Bangladesh earlier this week said they will play a Twenty20 and a one-dayer on January 12 and 13 respectively, both in Lahore.
The team had agreed to tour Pakistan in April this year but the event was blocked by Dhaka high court. (ANI)