Deccan Chargers have got temporary relief from the Bombay High Court which has stayed their termination from the IPL till September 24.
The BCCI cannot float a tender for a new team until then.
The BCCI decided last week to add a new team for the coming IPL season while leaving it to the court to rule on the beleaguered franchise's participation.
The Deccan Chargers issue was discussed at length at the Working Committee meeting but the BCCI refrained from openly speaking about the issue as it is sub-judice.
After the Deccan Chargers contract with IPL was terminated in a dramatic fashion, the Deccan Chronicles Holdings Ltd. -- the owners of the franchise -- moved the Mumbai High Court seeking a stay against the BCCI's decision.
A BCCI official had earlier said that the BCCI has made up its mind not to have Deccan Chargers in the IPL but in case of a favourable verdict from the court, they could be included as the 10th team.
"We will definitely add a new team in the sixth edition of the IPL from among the waiting franchises. If DC is not there we will go ahead with nine teams but in case we are forced to include them it would be a 10-team affair," the official said.
The official said the working committee members were apprised of the developments concerning Deccan Chargers and the general impression was that the cash-strapped franchise should be kept away from the IPL.
The official said the Deccan Chargers told the BCCI that they would form a team to run the franchise for one more year till it resolves its financial problems.
"But what is the guarantee that they will be able to do it. We have never witnessed such arrangements before and will not want to take any chance whatsoever," the official said.
According to the official, for the new team, eight cities will be in fray when the bidding takes place. The winning bidder will have to accommodate the Deccan players for one year if the franchise is ultimately scrapped from the IPL.