LAHORE: Pakistan all-rounder Abdul Razzaq has said that he has got a verbal offer from Deccan Chargers and is also in talks with the Kolkata Knight Riders for a possible contract to play in the third Indian Premier League.
Razzaq said he has spoken to PCB chairman Ejaz Butt about the matter and would go by what the government and board decides.
"Yes, they (Deccan Chargers) have contacted me verbally but I asked them to send me a proper contract which I can show to the cricket board for clearance," Razzaq said.
Confusion over Razzaq's IPL participation
Razzaq said he had met with the Chairman of the cricket board Ejaz Butt on Tuesday and discussed the offer with him.
"The Chairman told me clearly that until and unless the IPL franchise sends a written contract I should not commit myself to anything," the all-rounder said.
He said he had also been in discussion with the Kolkata Knight Riders over a possible signing for the coming season.
"That is the factual position but now I am waiting for a written offer and contract from the IPL franchise before I can reach a decision.
"But any decision would be based on clearance from the government and board," Razzaq said.
He also made it clear that he and other Pakistani players were still hurt over the snub they got at the IPL auction last week. "But if a concrete offer comes by it is worth a consideration," he added.
Butt told the media in Lahore that he would only allow Razzaq or any other Pakistani player to go to India if they had valid contracts. "We have been disappointed once and we don't want our players to face that situation once again.
More on IPL
"So I have told them to be very careful and cautious while dealing with the IPL franchises and to take everything in writing," Butt said.
Razzaq had been issued a valid visa by the Indian High Commission in Islamabad when the process for completing documentation of Pakistani players for the IPL was going on in December.