WebSify
Follow us on
Mail
Print

Mayweather continues 50 Cent bashing after boxing promo firm split

Source : ANI
Last Updated: Mon, Nov 19, 2012 12:40 hrs

50 Cent and boxing champ Floyd Mayweather continue to throw verbal jabs against each other in their nasty fight over a botched business deal to create a boxing management company.

"I lost a good friend of mine recently. No trust, no friend- ship. Someone told me they love me unconditionally. Then unleashed conditions," the New York Post quoted Fiddy as tweeting on Thursday.

Mayweather had bashed Fiddy on Instagram, posting photos of Fiddy holding his championship belt with the caption, "a male boxing groupie, hold my belts because your album sales have declined."

He also Instagrammed a photo of Fiddy holding stacks of Mayweather's money: "Hold my money, [bleep]boy," he wrote.

The battle started after the two former friends and business partners agreed to launch a boxing promotions company, TNT promotions, while Mayweather was still in jail.

But once Mayweather was released in August from a Las Vegas prison after serving two months of a three-month sentence for domestic violence, the boxer backed out of the deal.

According to reports, Fiddy told the Nevada State Athletic Commission that he and the boxer had agreed to go into the promotional business together, but "as he came out of incarceration, he decided he wanted to do things differently, but I had already invested 1.5 million dollars in acquiring fighters, and I would like to move forward."

On Thursday, Fiddy was approved by the NSAC for a promoter's license, and on Friday, the hip-hop mogul announced he was launching his own boxing management firm, SMS Promotions, without Mayweather.

SMS has already signed four boxers, Yuriorkis Gamboa, Australian boxer Billy Dib, Andre Dirrell and featherweight contender Celestino Caballero. (ANI)



blog comments powered by Disqus
most popular on facebook
talking point on sify sports