The Mumbai Cricket Association's Managing Committee today took note of the apology rendered by Shah Rukh Khan last night at Chennai for his behaviour at the Wankhede Stadium earlier this month but has not withdrawn the five-year ban imposed on the principal owner of new IPL champions Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR).
"A meeting of the committee was convened to discuss routine matters, but this matter of Shah Rukh Khan was raised by some members. It was decided to leave it to the President and office-bearers to get more details about what transpired yesterday," said MCA chief and Union Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh.
Asked when he intended to sit with his office-bearers to discuss the matter further, he said, "we want to resolve the issue at the earliest. There is no point in keeping it hanging."
Surrounded by his wife and kids, Shah Rukh had said last night after KKR's maiden title triumph in Chennai, "I want to apologise to the kids for my misbehaviour at MCA. I apologise to all who saw me differently. I shouldn't have behaved in that manner. But today my team has won, so I guess, all you fans should forgive me. We have won at last."
However, MCA sources indicated there was no change in the five-year ban imposed on the Bollywood star on May 18, two days after Shah Rukh's skirmish with the security and officials of the association after KKR's victory over Mumbai Indians at the Wankhede Stadium here.
"As far as we are concerned nothing has changed and nothing has been communicated to us (from Shah Rukh's side). As and when something comes, we will see," a source said.
Another MCA source indicated that a formal communication from the KKR co-owner was awaited and its officials had learnt about the public apology he had voiced late last night only through today's newspapers.
"We don't know what had happened. Certainly we would need something on paper (in order to review the earlier decision)," the source told PTI.