Sify News
WebSify
Follow us on

Who do you think will walk away with the IPL trophy?
Sify Home >> Sports >> Messageboard
Message Board
Topic
Salute VVS Laxman, the legend!

Indian cricketer V.V.S. Laxman Saturday announced his retirement from international cricket with immediate effect, ahead of the home Test series against New Zealand, starting Aug 23. Laxman, 37, made his India debut in 1996. The stylish right-hander played 134 Test matches, scoring 8,781 runs at an average of 45.97, and scored 2,3886 runs in 86 One-day internationals. In his first-class career, he played 265 matches and scored 19,520 runs at an average of 51.50. Cricket fans all over the world will surely miss him. Salute the legend, one last time!

More
>>

Maximum characters allowed - 1000

Fields marked with * are Mandatory

Latest Messages Total messages : 59 | Today’s messages : 0
Posted By: M M ALI On:23/05/2013
NAMASTE TAMMI.HYDERABAD KA NAAM BAHUT ROSHAN KIYA TUM NE WELL DONE
Post Reply | Report abuse | Forward
Posted By: KULDEEP On:19/09/2012
i salute VVS LAXMAN for his contribution in indian cricdket team.He is a great wristy player.his performance in odi & test matches is unbelievable.
he played so much innings that was unforgottable.
Posted By: Dharmendra Singh On:03/09/2012
Dear VVS...The news of your retirement from Test cricket came as a shock for me as in my view you should have played Test Cricket for another two years but somehow the decision of yours has taken away the opportunity from me to see your classic and elegant batsmanship of yours in future...you are a true champion batsman.Among all the Fabulous Four,s you are my all time favorite batsman and every time you have produced good runs and won matches for the country I was one of the happiest person to see,feel and praise your contribution.You have entertained the world cricket with your touchwood and silken batting display in last 16 years and world cricket and all fans around the world will always remain grateful to you for your contribution to Cricket...Wish you good luck and happy family life.
Posted By: Dharmendra Singh On:03/09/2012
Very very special Laxman is one of the most stylish,Reliable and Elegant batsman of Contemporary Cricket and he has produced some of the most magical Innings in last decade or so and won many matches for the country and brought the confidence and habit among other players of winning in and outside the country.It was a gem to watch his elegant batsmanship and I enjoyed each and every innings he has played against various pace and spin attacks all around the world.He was a true team man,very cool composed and disciplined and all the Cricket fans including me will miss him on the ground.I extend my wishes to Laxman and his family all the best for future and good health...Regards Dharmendra Singh.
Posted By: naseem On:01/09/2012
andhras legandary crickter for ever
Posted By: uttam roy On:26/08/2012
dear vvs , i will miss u a lot ,specialy ur style.....
Posted By: sridharwaikar On:25/08/2012
VVS Very VEry Special as he is was known has rendered very very special service to Indian cricket we wish him long healthy life and let him train ou youngsters for decades to come.
Posted By: chandran v On:25/08/2012
281 against australia is always memerable to me.
Posted By: sajag gupta On:25/08/2012
if in indian team dravid was wall thn laxman was bricks.
Posted By: KANNAN On:25/08/2012
he is the great star
1  2  3  4  5  6 
ADVERTISEMENT