[Australia], April 5 (ANI): Australian fast bowler Mitchell Marsh is all set to miss the start of the English county season with Surrey, after deciding to undergo surgery to treat his troublesome ankle.
Confirming the news, Surrey said that Marsh, who was expected to join the squad for the start of the County Championship this month, would have a surgery on his ankle next week.
Marsh, on the other hand, said that he is extremely disappointed to pull out of a county stint in the United Kingdom, however, adding that he is looking forward to get himself fully fit and join the side later in the season.
"I'm extremely disappointed to be missing the start of the season. I was looking forward to heading over and joining the Surrey family.I'll be doing everything I can to get myself fully fit and hopefully join the side later in the season," cricket.com.au quoted Marsh, as saying.
As a result, the 26-year-old also remains doubtful for Australia's next Test series against Pakistan, which is likely to be held in September or October last year.
Meanwhile, a Cricket Australia spokesperson revealed that Marsh is eyeing a return for the start of the Australian summer, which means he is most likely to miss the national side's limited-overs tour to England in June. (ANI)