New Delhi: After Sri Lanka Cricket Players' Association expressed concerns over ongoing attacks against Sri Lankan nationals in Tamil Nadu, IPL commissioner Rajeev Shukla on Tuesday said that there is no threat to the upcoming mega-tournament, scheduled to commence from April 3.
"There is no threat to the IPL. Matches will take place at the scheduled venues. Till now, we haven't seen any threat," Shukla told reporters outside the Parliament.
Asked about participation of Lankan players in the sixth season, Shukla said: "There is no team from Sri Lanka. There are individual players in few teams. We will see how to deal with it."
Earlier on Tuesday, SLCPA has written to the Federation of International Cricketers' Association to assess the safety of its players during the tournament.
At least two Buddhist monks came under attack in two separate incidents since Sunday, causing public anger in Colombo.
Around 11 Sri Lankan players including Kumar Sangakkara, Mahela Jayawardene and Lasith Malinga are part of various IPL franchises.