Southampton: Chief coach Ottis Gibson says talismanic opener Chris Gayle had made a seamless re-entry into the West Indies squad after 14 months out after a squabble with the country's cricket board.
Gayle was picked in the 15-man squad for the limited overs series against England starting here Saturday, the first time he has worn the West Indies colours since last year's World Cup in the Asian subcontinent, reported Caribbean Media Corporation.
"He's always been a bit of a joker around the dressing room, a bit of a prankster and he's been his normal self," Gibson told reporters.
"The team has always integrated players that are coming back or players making their debut, very well into the team and that's not changed. He's fitted in very well and raring to go."
Gayle's impasse with the Board stemmed from a controversial interview he gave to a Jamaica radio station following the World Cup.
Then, the former West Indies captain slammed chief executive Ernest Hilaire and was also heavily critical of Gibson who he branded a "user" and accused of "messing with players' minds".
"He's had his say, he's said what he wanted to say and I suppose he's got things off his chest," Gibson said.
"He's seen the new environment, he's seen the progress that has been made and I'm sure that coming back he will buy into it. We've spoken and he's very much on board with what's going on."
The Caribbean side boasts a strong side with Gayle heading the list of several players who have come in for the limited overs segment.
Gibson said the new faces would definitely add strength to their challenge.
"We know what Gayle will do. He's always been a world class player and somebody that will strengthen us and Dwayne Smith has been in a lot of good form over the last eight months or so. He's been excellent in T20," he pointed out.
"Johnson Charles came into the set up just recently and has done very well. Marlon Samuels has got great form from the Test series. Lendl Simmons is back and he was our best one-day batsman in 2011."