[Bangladesh], July 14 (ANI):Bangladesh and Sri Lanka on Friday signed 14 agreements, including one between Shipping Corporations of the two countries in the presence of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and President Maithripala Sirisena.
The signing ceremony was held at the Prime Minister's Office after a bilateral meeting between Sri Lankan President Maithripala Sirisena and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, the Dhaka Tribune reported.
Both the countries are preparing to sign a joint statement as the first time the relationship between the countries has been brought within a framework,said Foreign Secretary Md Shahidul Haque.
The joint statement with 35 paragraphs is likely to be issued in the evening or on Saturday.
Foreign Secretary M Shahidul Haque said they have also agreed to sign Free Trade Agreement (FTA) within this year to boost trade cooperation.
MoU on Cooperation in Agriculture,
- MoU between Ceylon Shipping Corporation (CSC) and Bangladesh Shipping Corporation (BSC),
- MoU between Bangladesh Institute of International and Strategic Studies (BIISS) and Lakshman Kadiragama Institute of International Relations and Strategic Studies (LKIIRSS) on cooperation in the field of international and strategic studies,
- MoU between University Grant Commissions of the two countries on Cooperation and Collaboration in the field of higher education,
- MoU between Bangladesh Foreign Service Academy (FSA) and Bandaranaike Diplomatic Training Institute (BIDTI),
- MoU between Central Bank of Sri Lanka and Bangladesh Bank for cooperation in financial sector/services,
- MoU between Bangladesh Investment Development Authority (BIDA) and Board of Investment of Sri Lanka for cooperation on investment matters,
- MoU between Bangladesh Standards and Testing Institution (BSTI) and Sri Lanka Standards Institution (SLSI),MoU on cooperation in the fields of Information and Communication Technology,
- MoU on Information and Broadcasting between Bangladesh Sangbad Sangstha (BSS) and Sri Lankan National News Agency Lankapuvath Ltd.,
- MoU on cooperation in the fields of radio, film and television between Bangladesh and Sri LankA,
- MoU on collaboration between Chittagong BGMEA Institute of Fashion and Technology (CBIFT) and Sri Lanka Institute for Apparel and Textiles (SLITA),
- MoU on Economic Cooperation between Bangladesh and Sri Lanka.
Sirisena on Thursday paid tribute to nation's father Sheikh Mujibur Rahman at the Bangabandhu Memorial Museum, and visited the National Memorial at Savar.
Sirisena arrived in Dhaka on a three-day state visit on Thursday strengthening the economic ties between Dhaka and Colombo. (ANI)