Farmer couple electrocuted in Telangana's Siddipet district

Source :ANI
Author :ANI
Last Updated: Sun, Aug 2nd, 2020, 22:03:40hrs
Bodies of the electrocuted couple being pulled out from the borewell from Telangana's Siddipet district.

Siddipet (Telangana) [India], August 2 (ANI): A farmer couple from Telangana's Siddipet district died of electrocution near their field on Sunday.

Sub Inspector Veeranna told ANI that deceased M Venkatesh Goud and Revati died around 9 am. They belong to the Chowdarpalli village of Gajwel Mandal.
The incident occurred after the couple got down into a water sump to wash their hands and legs. According to the police, the incident was caused by a short circuit in a nearby motor pump.
The police said the short circuit in the motor, lead to the immediate death of the couple.
Soon after, the bodies of the deceased were sent to a government hospital for a post-mortem examination.
A case under section 174 of the Criminal Procedure Code (CrPC) has been registered. An investigation is underway. (ANI)