New Delhi, Oct 24 (IANSlife) What's the best part about Diwali? Gifts. And what's the worst? Also gifts. Stuck in traffic for hours on end, to eventually get to a market where there's no parking or a mall that is jam packed! It doesn't stop there; the stores are overflowing with customers and there's not enough sales staff to attend to you. When you finally discover what you're looking for, under piles of clothes or rows of shelves, you're left standing in an hour-long line just to pay the bill. We feel your pain. So here's the deal-- we did all the searching, waiting and browsing, all you need to do is just pick from our selection. You can either buy the items online from the comfort of your home, or outsource the picking up to a friend, relative or any help so you're not wasting hours of sleep or getting frown lines. Because after all, Diwali is about festive cheer.
1. Aveda's Cherry Almond Shampoo and Conditioner:
Get your festive bounce back with Aveda's new 98% naturally derived, silicone-free Cherry Almond collection. Cherry Almond Softening Shampoo and Conditioner leave hair touchably soft, shiny and full of weightless bounce this Diwali!
Price: On request
2. Gift hampers from the Bath and Body Works Gift Box.
Price: On request
3. Kama Ayurveda
Kama's best-sellers including Kumkumadi Brightening Face Scrub, Pure Mogra Water, Suvarna Haldi Chandan Face Pack, Turmeric and Myrrh Brightening Soap, Kokum and Almond Body Butter, for timeless radiance.
Price: INR 3,620
Availability: Kama Ayurveda stores
4. Organic Harvest Hair Oil
The organic hair oil reduces hair fall and makes it stronger. The oil contains Rosemary, Basil, Eucalyptus and Vetiver that moisturises the scalp and balances sebum production. The enriching hair oil is antibacterial, stimulates hair follicles and reduces hair fall making hair look longer, thick and lustrous - perfect for telling your loved ones that you care!
Availability: General trade outlets and online platforms Amazon and Nykaa
The Golden Hour includes a perfume, body lotion and handcream.
Price: INR 5,796
6. Craft House
Glow and radiate yourself, family or friends with "Festive Beauty Kits" from neoVeda by Craft House
Price ? Rs 2,100 onwards
Available at: Craft House, The Metropolitan Hotel & Spa
7. Pushpam, The floral bliss
This Diwali welcome Goddess Lakshmi with Rose. Being the ?herb of love' is offered to the gods in the form of a garland. Rose petals with its gentle, exquisite sweet aroma form the basis of valuable skin remedies. A combination of our top-sellers with unique nurturing formulas blending Ayurvedic essences and heartwarming Rose conveying Love, warmth & care. Rose and Oudh candle to instill a relaxing and soothing festive environment around you. Beautifully scented rose and agarwood extract reduces stress, enhances the feeling of calmness, tranquility, and balance.Price: Rs 4599
8. Sacred Salt premium coffee skin care kit
Are you afraid of your skin getting tan or want to gift something to lighten brighten your relationship with your relative whose skin is turning dark day by day? try sacred salt's premium coffee skin care range which cleanses pores, retains moisture levels, reduces pigmentation, regenerates skin and reduces fine lines.
IT BEGINS AT HOME
1. & 2. Good Earth candelabra and Chirag Dhuni
Good Earth's collection of homeware inspired by traditional motifs designed in contemporary styles are a perfect gift for the hostess of any party.
Price: Candelabra on request; Chirag Dhuni INR 4,600
Availability: Chirag Dhuni keeps the home free from all negativity Rs 4600
3. Jaipur Rugs
The Wunderkammer rug by Jaipur Rugs and Matteo Cibic bring in the festive warmth.
Price: On request
4. Good Earth's Mandala Base
Light up the Puja room with this intricately designed base
Price: INR 3000
Availability: Good Earth
This food waste product instantly disposes off all kinds of food waste, be it vegetables and fruit peels, egg-shells, seeds or even bones. Its multi-grind technology grinds food waste into tiny particles that are then flushed down the drain into the main sewerage system without clogging.
Price: Between Rs 18,990 and Rs 67,990
6. LC Cerise Ultimate Cast Iron Set
Brighten up your kitchen with the vivid hues of impeccable French cookware by Le Creuset which come with a lifetime guarantee. Choose from the vibrant range of Stoneware, Bakeware, Toughened, Non-Stick, Stainless Steel, Accessories and more that constitute as the perfect Diwali gift.
Price: On request
7. Seraf Wooden Tray
Sweets in a seraf wooden tray will work wondrous. Soothing color and beautiful design, Seraf is a surefire way too show love to your people.
Available at www.woodenstreet.com
Price: On request
8. The Decor Kart
A statement bowl which can be used as an accent piece or made useful for dried fruit or rose petals
Price: INR 5,600
1. Shemaroo Bhajan Vaani
Bhajan Vaani offers a specially curated collection of over 1000 Bhajans, Jaaps, Mantras and many more. Legendary artistes like Anup Jalota, Suresh Wadkar, Anuradha Paudwal and many more have featured in this product.
Price: Rs 3999
Availability: Amazon, Flipkart, Tata Cliq and Paytm Mall, and offline at Archies
2. Akhand Diya
Borosil's Akhand Diya is available in brass and nickel and is a perfect blend of traditional handicraft with modern technology. It is a great addition to a Puja Room, especially if the mandir is in the kitchen, as they can be used even with the fan on. These diyas are known for creating a calm, meditative atmosphere and the borosilicate glass chimney stays crystal clear and doesn't get over-heated even after burning for long hours.
Price: INR 345 onwards
3. Baaya Design
Golden Hues Hamper by Baaya Design is a stunning metal thali giving out a gold effect
Price: INR 2,950
Bring a touch of luxury to the dinner table with the Aura Gold Finish Cutlery Set priced at INR 6,000. This 16-piece set features sleek lines with a high polished shine that makes it modern and contemporary.
This brilliant LED chandelier fan comes with Multicolour LED options and is a great addition to any living room.
Price: approx. Rs 34,000
6. Core Designs
This festive season Izhaar by Core Designs comes up with their Diwali collection. The collection combines simple shapes with organic colours, making this is a multi-faceted solution for most gifting classes.
Price: On request
The Studio Gift Lamp collection comprises of table lamps that are subtly grand. vailable in different color options and materials, the collection intends to take one back to a time when opulence reflected in every inch of a privileged household. The touch of sober colors with unmatched & imitable design patterns make this collection a rare work of art.
Price: Rs 1,790
Available at www.dbelstudio.com
1. Check out AMPM's Festive Collection in stores and online. Price on request
2. H&M launches its special India Diwali collection for the first time. This festive season pick out a sparkly number when you're done with the Indian fanfare
3. Jaypore's traditional styles are comfortable, relaxed and work from day to night for all your festive occasions
4. Westside has a line of traditional styles and ethnic designs that are great for a casual day out
5. Corneliani cufflinks made in Italy comes in varied shapes and personified with an extra edge to a formal look.
Availability: Delhi: DLF Emporio, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi; Bangalore: No 18-19, The Collection, No. 24 UB City Mall, Vittal Mallya Road
Price: Rs 35000
6. Hidesign draws inspiration from a woman, who is a powerhouse at work and a glamour queen after hours.
Check it out for leather goods
BLING IT ON
1. The Panthere Watch by Cartier will make everyone drool with envy.
Price on request
2. Raniwala 1881's new ready-to-wear in contemporary styles are jewels which go beyond the season.
Price: Starts at INR 25,000
Available in Mumbai and Jaipur
3. Swarovski's has a piece for every occasion and these Palace earrings are sure to make a statement
Price on request
4. Panthere by Cartier for some serious bling.
Price on request
5. Platinum Evara collection for women who want value for money
6. Tribe by Amrapali ???????has a wide range of ethnic choices
Price: INR 1,100 to INR 18,000
Availability: Online and instore
7. Birdhichand Ghanshyamdas Jaipur's Delhi Durbar Collection has Chandbaalis fit for a queen
GADGETS AND TECH
1. iPhone 11
iPhone 11 introduced a powerful dual-camera system with the high quality video in a smartphone and night mode for photos, which may emerge as your perfect companion for Diwali to capture those festive memories. Powered by the A13 Bionic chip, iPhone 11 comes with improved water resistance. It may help you get through an entire day on a single charge. The phone comes in six new colours - purple, green, yellow, black, white and PRODUCT(RED).
Price: Rs 64,900 (64GB).
2. Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700
This pair of headphones promises up to 20 hours of music and has active noice cancellation (ANC). It is comfortable and comes with a carry case that features a useful compartment for cables covered by a magnetic flap. The headphones also come with better controls, calling features and its noise cancelling feature makes it stand out.
Priced: Rs 34,500
3. Carvaan Go
After breaking various industry norms with Carvaan, Saregama has yet again redesigned modern technology in the most simplistic way for the ease of access and portability with the launch of Carvaan Go. It comes preloaded with 3,000 evergreen songs categorized into artistes, specials and pre curated playlists, FM/AM and a micro SD card slot for your personal music. You can listen to the music through earphones, Aux out cable and Bluetooth. This works as a great in-car music companion too.
Price: Rs 3,990.
4. Agasta's sanketLife Device
Give a gift of life to your loved ones with Agatsa. A healthy heart is the basis for a better life and Agatsa's SanketLife devices are designed to ensure this. They help individuals quickly and accurately check ECG at home and get a doctor-verified analysis within 10 minutes as well. The devices are clinically proven to have 98% accuracy compared to traditional ECG devices and are environment friendly.
Price: Rs 2,499
5. Amazon Echo Dot with Clock
The Echo Dot (3rd gen) with Clock includes a bright LED display that shows the time, outdoor temperature, timers or alarms. The brightness can be adjusted according to the user's preference or it automatically adjusts dynamically based on day or night. It also works with compatible smart home devices and has Alexa voice support with Skills as well.
Price: Rs 5,499.
6. Apple Watch Series 5
Debuting an Always-On Retina display, Apple Watche Series 5 makes it easy to see the time and other important information, without raising or tapping the display. New location features, from a built-in compass to current elevation, help users better navigate their day. Combined with the power of watchOS 6, users are empowered to take charge of their health and fitness with new features like Cycle Tracking, the Noise app and Activity Trends.
Price: 40,900 (GPS) and Rs 49,900 (GPS + Cellular)
7. Philips Hue Go
Light spaces in new & creative ways with Philips Hue Go, which would be the most versatile light in your home. When plugged into a power outlet, use it to color your walls with up to 16 million colors or bright white light. Detach it from the mains, and Philips Hue go becomes a portable centrepiece you can carry to set the mood and bring the best light for your activities. It is powered by a rechargeable internal battery that can last up to 3 hours. Choose from 7 different light effects: functional warm white light, cool energising daylight, and 5 natural dynamic light effects that match your special moments.
Price: Rs 10,500/-
1. Brewhouse introduces their Diwali gift pack consisting of 5 exotic and natural flavoured ice tea bottles. Packed in a festive avatar and filled with joy, this Diwali iced tea hamper by Brewhouse Ice Tea is a perfect gift for sharing the happy times.
Price: INR 399
2. Chandon's limited edition festive bottle is a delight to the eyes and a celebration favourite
Price: INR 1650
Availability: at select outlets
3. Diwali Hampers at Taj City Centre, Gurugram
Price: Rs 1,999 (taxes extra) to Rs 14,999 (taxes extra). Customizations available.
Featuring many other gift hampers and also an opportunity to personalise and create your own hampers, Foodhall is the perfect solution for all your gifting needs this Diwali.
Price Points: Starting at Rs 1,500
Available at: Foodhall (all outlets)
5. The artisanal hamper by Le Meridien includes handcrafted products that can be customized according to your preferences. Starts at Rs 5,000 + taxes
6. Typhoo Treasures organic herbal teas revive you and your loved ones any time of the day
Price: Rs 650
7. The CAARA Pantry Box is a collection of tempting products from the CAARA pantry, including its Crunchy Wheat Free Granola, Arborio Rice, Dijon Mustard, Palm Jaggery and Peanut Butter Cookies
8. RHR Diwali Hamper
Get innovative and set your hands on these exquisite handcrafted Diwali hampers and curate your own bunch of happiness with Roseate Hotels & Resorts. Guests can choose from a fine selection of TWG teas, premium roasted oil, almond butter, assorted nuts, Olive crackers, fine selection of wine and many more luxe offerings.
Availability: The Roseate, New Delhi and Roseate House, New Delhi.
9. Diwali Hampers by Hilton Garden Inn
This Diwali spread more love and happiness and celebrate the festive season with your near and dear ones and gift them specially crafted premium Diwali gift hampers curated by The Cake Shop at Hilton Garden Inn, New Delhi/Saket. The gift hampers are exclusively made with love by Executive Chef's of Hilton Garden Inn, New Delhi/Saket & Baani
Price: Rs1499/- onwards
Availability: Hilton Garden Inn, New Delhi/Saket & Baani Square, Gurgaon
10. No celebration is complete without the joy of giving. Radisson Blu MBD Noida has come up with bespoke Diwali hampers that will take festive gifting to new heights. The exquisite sweet and savoury treats such as handcrafted cookies, palmiers, roasted cachew nuts, designer chocolates, macarons, muffins etc is sure to liven up the vibrancy of the festive season.
Price: Rs. 1,500 plus taxes.
Availabity: The Chocolate Box, L-2, Radisson Blu MBD Noida, Sector-18
BOOK AFICIONADOS/CULTURE JUNKIES
1. FDR Pen
Intellio, a German brand, is launching its new limited edition writing instrument; ?FDR'. The pen is a combination of refinement and practicality. It is an homage to the man who led the United States and established it on the world stage and laid the foundation of new-age governance, ?Franklin Delano Roosevelt'.This writing instrument is a symbol of persistence, perseverance, and commitment.
Starting price: INR 2800
2. Plantable Seed Pencils
These pencils are made using recycled newspaper and contain seeds of vegetables and flowers, and after it is used, can be buried in your garden pot. Making them sprout with constant care and watering is a fun activity for kids and adults alike. They sprout within 7-10 days and can be used for your home garden or as container garden decor.
Starting price: Rs 195
3. Copper by Kazu Kibuishi
4. Elephant-dung notebooks
Mix writing with sustainability with these cute stationery items made of Elephant Dung and recycled paper. The notebooks are made from 75 per cent elephant dung and 25 per cent recycled paper by Sri Lanka based company Ecomaximus
Starting price: Rs 300
GOODIES FOR GUYS
1. Westside's collection for men has a selection of ethnic designs
2. Alberto Torresi men's footwear has a style for every occasion
Price: INR 5,495
3. Pick Puma's Legacy Dark Mode sneakers for the athlesiure trend
Price: INR 9000 upwards
4. Cartier's Skeleton Noctambule watch is a great addition to any collection.
Price on request
5. The Glenlivet N?durra Peated Whisky Cask Finish embraces many of the 19th Century methods that its founder George Smith created. He originally used peat smoke to dry malted barley when crafting the single malt that started it all. N?durra means ?natural' in Gaelic. Each unit is handcrafted and bottled in small batches with no chill-filtration to offer the complexity, full body and distinctively creamy texture of a whisky that has just been drawn from the cask.
Price: INR 7650 (Delhi price)
6. The Jack Daniel's Old No. 7 Diwali Edition Pack is inspired by the traditional ritual of playing cards around Diwali - a trend popular among the young and old alike. What makes it more exciting and a must for gifting to friends and family is that it comes with a pack of specially designed limited edition Jack Daniel's theme playing cards.
Price and availability: Pan India, Rs. 2500 onwards
7. SKINN - Him and Her (Verge and Sheer)
Stuck with what to buy? Perfumes are always a safe bet. Spread the joy with French fragrances of superior quality from Skinn by Titan.
Price: Starting from Rs 1695
Availability: Across all Skinn Stores and Online
8. Cartier's Santos Dumont Watch is not just a must have if you're a collector but will time you perfectly for a round of cards.
Price one request
9. Loccitane's box includes a shower gel and an eau de toilet for men and both looks and smells good
Price: INR 5,265
10. Nashi Filler Therapy
The Nashi FillerTherapy is a quick fix to rid your hair of all the damage your tresses undergo, over time. The products used during the treatment help maintain the hair's Ph levels while restructuring and hydrating the strands from deep within.
Avaibale at www.nashiargan.it/en/
Price: On request