New York: President Donald Trump has said that the US will not foot the bill for Britain's Prince Harry and his wife Meghan Markle's security amid reports that the royal couple have moved to Los Angeles from Canada.
Last week, The Sun, a British tabloid, reported that the royal couple and their 10-month-old son Archie moved to Los Angeles, where Markle was raised.
However, the report was not confirmed. President Trump tweeted in response to such a report on Sunday.
"I am a great friend and admirer of the Queen & the United Kingdom. It was reported that Harry and Meghan, who left the Kingdom, would reside permanently in Canada. Now they have left Canada for the US however, the US will not pay for their security protection. They must pay!," he tweeted.
In January, 35-year-old Prince Harry and Markle, 38, announced that they would step back from their Royal duties. They said they planned to split time between North America and the United Kingdom.